The aging process involves various dimensions. Each one needs a specific anti-aging treatment. Expression wrinkles are treatable with Botox. Fat resorption/ volume loss are treatable with HA fillers. Sagging tissues used to be only treatable surgically. Resorbable threads made a revolution in non-surgical aesthetics & offer nowadays a new alternative to treat saggy areas in the face and body without undergoing the hassle of a surgery, with minimal downtime and almost zero pain.
How does it work?
ThreadLifting is a medical aesthetic technique that produces visible lifting effects.
- Threads work on sagging tissues of the face & body.
- The technique is atraumatic and consists of inserting needles of different length and size that release a resorbable thread inside the skin.
- Sutures are carried out either with a polymer of caprolacton – PDO or with Poly-L-Lactic acid, both extremely safe & made to last for about 15/24 months.
- It is possible to see some immediate results right after insertion. However, the revitalising/lifting effect begins 45/60 days following the procedure.
- After thread resorption, the lifting effect does not disappear thanks to the fibrous reaction and collagen begins production induced by the barbed thread.
What makes threads extremely efficient & safe in tissue lifting?
- The resorption of the thread is an Hydrolitic Enzymatical Process;
- Absolutely not allergenic;
- Threads are mainly done with PDO or Poly-L-Lactic acid, both safe and similar to material used in sutures, widely used in surgery.
- Effectiveness of result lasts for around two years and technique is perfectly renewable.
Threads have best lifting action induced by a double mechanism
Mechanique Traction and tightening of tissues. Moreover, they offer tissue Endogenous Biostimulation: After insertion, threads promote collagen and elastine production+Neoangiogenesis (Build-up of new tissues).
What are main advantages/uses of threads?
- Full face definition: wrinkles, jawline, neck cleavage, chin, lower face, cheek sharpening / lifting.
- Face rejuvenation.
- Body definition: Many body areas are now treatable with revolutionary body threads: Breasts, arms, abdomen, knees, thighs. These are mainly indicated for people who have experienced a dramatic weight loss (i.e after a bariatric surgery). In that case threads are extremely useful for the tummy, thighs, breasts & arms. Threads are also extremely used for women after childbirth (tummy lift).
- Auto-immunological disease
- Hematological disorders
- Skin Cancer of the treated area
- Skin Erythema
- Permanent fillers -not clearly defined
- Cheloids or cheloids tendency
- Acute inflammatory disease
Before & after the treatment:Biostimulation of the skin with elastin, DMAE, Vit C an B Complex.
Precautions after Treatment
- No smoking, alcohol consumption for about 72 hours following procedure.
- Avoid exercise (10-15 days).
- Avoid sources of heat / steam.
- No sudden movement of treated areas (especially neck and jawline).
- HA filler can also be used in combination to enhance the effect.